The ying in the yang

 

The rain is trickling on my window, to the calming song of the howling wind greeting the leafs on the trees. A storm seems on its way in the outside world, but my inner storm seems to calm down. Today I had my driving test, and my nerves were on high alert. I made so many mistakes, that I was absolutely sure I would fail. The person who had to pass or fail me, also made it very clear to me, that my performance were not grade A. But despite all of this, she still passed me! It was absolutely amazing, and I can't help but feeling, like my luck might be about to turn. I surely hope so! I have so far spent all of my savings on extra lessons, so this is such a HUGE relief for me! That and knowing I will not EVER have to place my self behind the wheel of a car again is so satisfying. I really hate driving, and I do not understand how people in the western world, have grown so attached to cars, that most view it as an absolute necessity, like food or water. Thats simply not true. A car is a great  convenience, and for some people it certainly is more important, and more necessary than for others, but I will be able to come around to every single place that I need to be with a bike or the train. It actually concerns me a bit, how we have strived so far from reality (in some sense), that we no longer actually know what a necessity means. Some wise man (and I cannot for the life of me remember who) once said something like: If you have to walk 100 miles with no other option but walking from A-B, you will enjoy that trip immensely, but even the mare existence of a bus or a train will take away most, if not all the pleasure. I think this makes sense. We are in some ways programmed to safe as much time as we can, and maximise our productivity in that time. If we know we potentially can cut off hours, then of corse it seems silly not to! But we trade that time and connivance for the peaceful symbiotic relationship with the nature around us. I am can't say which is worth more for everyone. I see both pros and cons for both sides. But the important thing to remember is, that you can never have someting, without sacrificing something else. A thing I believe we tend to forget way to easily here in the 21'st century. 

I passed. And I am happy for now. The week in hell had a little piece of goodness, and for that I am thankful. But Im not letting my guard down just yet. I still have the termination of my pregnancy, and the verdict of the court-case in store, and that is going to be rough!

 Keep weathering your own storms, and don't forget: You will get through the rain, and when you do, the sunshine will just be that more pleasurable! 

Until next time.



Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Emotional Limbo

Court